Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Lot to Celebrate


Happy Holidays, Everyone!


My day started out great today. I called my son and told him that pancakes were “biting” me, which was my way of jokingly saying that I would love to take a bite out of a pancake. After a lovely breakfast at a local San Diego favorite with Fiel and his girlfriend, “T,” I attended the first anniversary event for our Logan Heights Branch Library.


Our library system has had many such events in the past. Along with our Friends’ groups, we do a fabulous party. There were great speeches today - Friends’ President Pedro was as eloquent as ever; and membership chair, Dr. Baza, made an impassioned plea for help to keep up the great work started by the Logan Heights Friends in partnership with the Point Loma Friends.


Here’s a picture. I was really impressed by the dancing while the band played some of my old time favorites.


Now, that’s a fun, new twist on our library anniversary events!

No comments:

Post a Comment