Saturday, September 18, 2010

Work Is Fun, Too

Working with a world class team is awesome! I am so grateful to be a part of the new Central Library's world class team - engineering and capital projects staff, the architects, construction professionals, library design professionals, contracts staff, Library Foundation and Library Commission representatives, library staff, and many others. These are the people that keep the project moving; and they keep the feeling of excitement about our work foremost despite the challenges. When one of us gets tired or discouraged, the others turn on the turbo boosters!


It's Saturday morning and my homework this weekend is to review the library building program for discussion with staff next week. We will review the interior features of the building and discuss how library use and the work of staff will flow. I would like to play tennis today (I'm a total novice at it and I love it) but the building program and floor plans are calling me!


I just talked with one of my project colleagues about the problem that has been plaguing us all week - no harsh words for calling on a Saturday morning :-) Talking with other colleagues this week, as we worked on the problem together, has also been uplifting and encouraging. These folks have helped keep me moving forward in my tasks. THANKS, everybody!

I have to get this work done and I am excited to do this work! Maybe I'll play tennis tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment